Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

Samsung 42 plasma, wont turn on - keeps clicking as if trying

Samsung 42" plasma, won't turn on - keeps clicking as if trying to start
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Model PS 42 S5H

TV owned for 3 years.

Powered off - left for hours then turned it back on - no change
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

First unplug the TV for an hour or more. This power reset may correct the problem if it is not component failure. If this does not correct the problem it is likely the power supply has failed. This is a common problem with this model TV. I would guess the repair will cost about $250 to have it repaired. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. A small TV repair shop will often charge less than a large repair facility to make the repair.

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.