Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

i have a dynex 37 inch lcd tv and the picture went out. I

Customer Question

i have a dynex 37 inch lcd tv and the picture went out. I still have perfect audio, but it is as if a back light went out. I was watching a show when it just went out as if i turned it off, but the audio was fine. Can you tell me what is wrong or how i can fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

If you shine a bright flashlight into the screen when you hear audio do you see a very faint ghost like image?

Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i am not around my tv right now, but yes you can see the picture very faitly. Fixing it is debatable. I don't want to spend too much (over $100) if possible.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

If you can see a faint image the problem is either a failed back light or the board that supplies power to the back light. Replacing these are not normally a do it yourself repair. Most TV repair shops will charge $250 to $350 depending if one or both are bad. Small TV repair shops will likely be less expensive than a large repair facility. The money might be better spent on a new HDTV.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.