Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

my panasonic tv went off, the red power light just blinks and

my panasonic tv went off, the red power light just blinks and the tv wont turn on

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself or are you looking for an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX We have had the tv for almost 2 years. We have only unplugged and plugged the tv in several times. No help. We want to fix the problem ouselves as we are over 300 air miles to the nearest tv shops.

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
All i want is an answer. If it needs repairing or if i need to buy a new i will do so. I am located in Dillingham, Alaska. So what do you think the problem is???? I bought this TV from Sears.
Thanks for your replies. One or two more question please. When the power light blinks is there a pause between the blinks or does it blink constantly? If there is a pause how many blinks are there in between pauses.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It blinks every second..maybe a bit faster..could be 2 blinks per second.

I would suggest that you call Panasonic 1-800-211-7262 and ask them for the firmware update 1.04. This could possibly correct the problem. If not the only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment Let me know what the firmware update does and I will continue if necessary.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WHY IS THE RED LIGHT BLINKING????????????

The red light blinking is blinking to let you know the TV is getting power but the safety circuitry has detected a problem and is keeping it from powering up. You might try unplugging it overnight and then plugging it back in if you have not already. This power reset can correct the problem if it is not part or firmware failure.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you. I like that answer better. We will leave it unplugged overnight and call panasonic when they open if this hasnt corrected the problem.

Thank you for the accept. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish. Positive feedback is very important to me. Please leave feedback when you get a chance. Click here if you wish to leave feedback.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward