Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  6 Years component level TV repair. Ex-Military RADAR and radio repair.
11676743

We have a Samsung flat screen 48 TV,, it turns itself off,

We have a Samsung flat screen 48" TV,, it turns itself off, started doing it once in awhile, not it does it after a few minutes of being on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
-What is the model number on the TV?

-Are there any blinking lights when it shuts off?

-What is the sequence of blinking lights if they are doing it?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model number HLR4667WX/XAA

No I didn't notice any blinking lights

Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.

Just to clarify, the TV actually turns on, and stays on for a few minutes, then shuts off as if someone turned it off?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, it will turn on again after I push TV /power on the cable remote, but it turns itself off again in 2-3minutes.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.

Ok, well that is unfortunate...

The only problem that causes NO blinking lights at shutdown is a bad main fuse, or a bad DMD board. Since yours comes on, that rulesout the main fuse.

If it is the DMD board then usually the TV will stay on for a while, then just shut off on its own as if it was shut off, only the cooling fan won't run for the lamp.

If it were a temp sensor there would be specific blinking lights, same for the lamp, ballast, power supply, video processing. All have blinking light error codes.

Here is a link to the part you need: http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/HLR4667WXXAA/Samsung/Samsung/BP9600678E/New.aspx

Now you know why I said it was unfortunate Cry

Hope that helps in some way...

If you feel my answer was satisfactory please click on the green "ACCEPT" Icon, the question will not close, and you may follow up if needed.
Thats the only way I get paid for my advice.

Feedback is always appreciated!