Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

Why does my tv have power but will not turn on

Customer Question

Why does my tv have power but will not turn on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. To help me, can you tell me the make and model of the TV?

How old do you think it is?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Element - FLX 1910 it was manufactured in May 2007 and purchased in July 2007. It worked one week ago was unplugged and moved to another room now the yellow light comes on to indicate it is receiving power but it will not turn on. Thanks

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Oh dear. Moving a TV can cause all kinds of probelms, even on a newer set.

Mass produced TVs are reknown for bad solder joints. Moving the TV can sometimes fracture these joints. This is why the famous 'whack the TV on the side' remedy came around. It makes the joint work again for a while.

If you can take the back off the TV, check the fuse and see if you can see anything obvious. A TV this size will probably only have one circuit board.

Check the fuse.

If I have been of assistance, please click the ACCEPT button on the right. It is the ONLY way I get paid for my work.

Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tell me how to get the back off the TV there are two small screws on the back that were removed but it still seems tight. Don't want to break it.