Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
11485808

hitachi ultravison 50vs810--red lamp light is blinking tv not

Customer Question

hitachi ultravison 50vs810--red lamp light is blinking tv not working replaced bulb--bulb is correct one screwed in right back panel back on--i unplugged the tv to install the bulb then plugged tv back in HELP
Category: TV
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you using just answer, i ll be happy to assist today, first off how many times is

the stand by light blinking and how many seconds a part is it blinking.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
every second constantly
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the light that is blinking is a red blinking light ---above the light is the word lamp--is this the standby light?
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Yes is the standby light it should be giving you an error code.

Ok april did you turn the power back on before you screwed the little door for the lamp.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I knew you were going to ask me this---The tv was unplugged the whole time of installation of the bulb---I finished installation of the bulb put the cover back on the tv, screwed it in and then plugged the tv back in
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you help me?
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Hello april729:

Ok here goes your manual overveiw of what the problem can be take a look at it make

sure the door for the lamp is secure if you have to unplug the tv set and do it again just

to make sure it is secure, this tv has a feature that if the lamp door is not correctly

secured the tv set will not turn on:

LAMP indicator - NORMAL OPERATION INDICATOR IS OFF

If light is blinking, lamp cover is not assembled securely after replacement.

Please check your lamp cover it should be that thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've tried this 3 different times
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can I try something else?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the lamp light was blinking before installaiton-----does that have anyhting to do with it?
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

On your manual it says to replace the lamp when the lamp led starts to blink, it also

says that if the lamp cover was not place correctly the lamp light will start blinking.Here

it goes directly from your manual.

Without installing the lamp cover, the power will be off and the Lamp Indicator will flash . Be sure to install the lampcover by re-engaging the two clips and tighten the screws before turning the power on, otherwise it may cause unusual colors.

Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

OK april open the lamp cover up, look at the lamp unit assembly inside make sure to

check the two screws make sure they are tighten put the assembly back in to its place,

close the lamp cover and lets try turning the tv ste on, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I'm just so frustrated, because installation is easy there's no way to install the lamp incorrectly-----it fits very tightly---you engage the lamp clips and screw it in-----the lamp cover is the cover to the tv again there's no way to screw it up---if you don't put the cover on you can tell beacause it fits flush to the rest of the tv------I guess I just thought that I could fix it myself---I'll have to call a tv repair man Thanks for trying to help me
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i've tried what you said three times already
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Ok april lets try one last thing lets see what happens, try this:

1. Press the power switch (ON/OFF switch) once.

2. If there is still no power, wait 30 seconds and press the power switch again.

3. If there is still no power, unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back in.

Press the power switch again.

Here goes the link to your manual let me know if it helps you out, hope it does thank you.

http://www.hitachi.ca/supportingdocs/en/forhome/ultravision/325_2_70VS810.pdf

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have my manual-----i tried what you said---every time i try to turn the tv on all of the lights ignite like they usually and then the power shuts off and the lamp light continues to blink. I found the engaging clip on the lamp door itried to engage this manually with the door and it doesn't work---------------any other suggestions?
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

Ok april so the clips on the door will not engage, so does that mean that the lamp door

cover is not securely in place thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
iv'e tried to engage them with the door and manually
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
like I said the door fits snugly in place---could the clip be bad?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I should have gone into electronics instead of Nursing-----$75 service call plus parts and labor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Ok i am going to be opting out of this question, so i could let another expert help you

with this problem,But before i leave i am going to give you some suggestions, it could be

the clips on the lamp door cover (which i think this is the problem) make sure to put the

two clips on the cover door once they are fasten, slide the cover door in and the tv set

should work. Also it could be a bad replacement lamp which it does happen

sometimes, moreover it could be a program problem with your tv set (which i dout)

in this case unplug the tvset for about four hours plug back on turn it on and see what

the tv set does.Thank You very much for using just answer.