Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technology Certified And Over 10 Years Of TV Repair.
11485808

Colors are off on flat screen. Too much green and red.

Customer Question

Went through the picture menue and tried to reset/adjust color, tint, etc. but nothing changes to reduce teh green. As an example, the men's us basketball team sweats are dark green.
Category: TV
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using just answer, i be happy to assist you today. I would need a little bit more information on the brand and model # XXXXX the tv, does the tv show you like green and red shadows in the backround, when did the tv start having this problem.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is a hitachi plasma< mosed PW!. No shadows mut most of the colors appear geen or red with very little blue. It started about a month ago, but it is the first time that I have turned it back on.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for getting back to me as soon as possible what is the model # XXXXX the tv .

Than You.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Am I supposed to do something?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hitachi PW1. 42HDM70
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HELLO?

Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Ok what i would want you to do is take all the connections one by one off and put them back on the tv this means if you have a cable box take off those connections to and connect them back on if they are running to the tv, turn on the tv and see if the problem was fixed.

Also if you have a dvd player connect the tv to the dvd player and see how the picture looks see if it has the red and green on the tv screen.If the picture is not fixed disconnect everything and just connect a regular analog antenna to the tv set and see

what the picture does,please get back with me as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did it and no change.
Expert:  Livep9 replied 6 years ago.

HeyCustomer

Quick question have you ever done a dot clock phase adjustment on this tv.The reason for asking is because if you have not done one lets go ahead and do one see if this fixes the problem. I have your tv manual incase you need it .

Thank You.