Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

My Fujitsu Plasma keeps flashing red

its turns on to green then 10 seconds later it goes to red flashing with no pic. It says its on stand-by

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: The model of my TV is a Fujitsu, I have owned it for about two years. It says Plasmavision W. I hear sound and the Tv briefly turns on, then it goes black and a red flashing light comes on where the on/off switch is. Next to the red flashing light it says that its on stand-by if it flashed red...I havent tried much, I am not electronically experienced....
The model number is XXXXX on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached. I will need the model number to provide you specific information on the TV.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: there is a sticker on the side of the Tv with this set of numbers...

Its hung on the wall, those are the only numbers I see when I checked it with the flashlight

Thanks for your prompt reply. Those are the numbers I needed. This model has several know issues that can cause this problem. Power supply failure is the most common. The set is also know for having poor solder connections. The safety circuitry in the TV is shutting it down when it detects a problem. At times the problem can be a software issue and unplugging the TV for an hour or more will many times correct the problem if software is the cause. If the set needs to be repaired I would guess that the diagnoses to locate the exact problem and the repair will be in the $250 to $350 ballpark. THe TV is well worth the cost of repair. A small repair shop will often charge less for the repair than a large repair facility.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.