Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

Why does my TV look like 3D

My television works but it looks like I am watching every channle in 3D. I think one of the Bulbes might have blown out. The colors showing ar Blue and Red
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Its a Hitachi 43FDX15B 43" Projection TV purchased in 2003. Have not ried to correct this problem yet. I did however, have a technician come over and solder one of the lights inside once before. As I mentioned before, the picture is good, the problem is that red and blue lines outline the characters on the television.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.
If you have tried adjusting the convergence on the TV and it did not correct the problem then a repair will be needed. This caused by issues with the convergence ICs going bad. This will cause the problem you have described. There are usually two convergence ICs in a TV. Usually the 2 ICs and a couple of resistors have to be replaced. This is not normally a DIY project for most consumers. I would suspect the repair will be about $250 - $350 but this will depend on what is found to be defective and out of specifications. Small shops will often charge less than a large repair facility.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.