Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

my picture has a red tint to everything. It was working ...

my picture has a red tint to everything. It was working normally then I noticed that there was kinda of a yellow shade in the corners. After a while the screen kept flashing then the whole screen is very red. It''s like a red filter on it.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your TV.

Can you tell me the make and the model number of your TV?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Its a RCA Model D52W20
I can't answer this right now so I'm going to opt out. This allows other experts to chime in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, thanks

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself, if so and if needed, what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
We've had the TV for about 3 years. I've checked the connections, thats about it. I have very little electronic training, so I don't have aproblem with someone else trying to fix it. I just wanted to see if someone knew what was wrong, so I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for unnecessary repairs.

If you have tried to correct the color in the menu and had no luck then the problem can be as simple as adjusting the video amplifier or the amp could be failing. The only way to know for sure of what the problem is will be to have the circuitry checked to find what is out of specs. A small shop will often charge less than a large repair facility.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.