Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

I have a hisense tv and it is locked. i ...

I have a hisense tv and it is "locked." i don''t have the original remote. Have a Phillips universal remote. How do i unlock this as there is not an "unlock" button on my remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: This TV's original remote had a lock/unlock button to keep someone (child) from watching tv. The original remote wore out, and we replaced it with a Phillips Universal remote 2/08.

My daughter turned it on, and went to change channels - probably pushing two buttons at the same time - and the "lock" went on. Now all we have is a black screen with "lock" on it. We want to unlock it to make it work again.

Hisense Model TL2020
Chassis No. HE5221A

purchased 12/2005.

We have tried turning it off for a period of time/ both manually and with the remote. WE have tried to reprogam the TV with the code thru the remote.
I have looked on the internet, and seen this problem noted, but no solution posted. That is why i have come to you.

Can you please help? The only solution i found on the internet was to purchase a new Hisense remote to use this lock button.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

If you can access the menu with the remote you have the lock can be turned off in the menu. Information on that can be found in the owners manual that can be viewed or downloaded by clicking here. If the menu cannot be accessed I am afraid the original remote will be needed. The remote can be purchased from the manufacturer by calling 1-678-318-9060 or sending an email to [email protected].

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.