Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

Our 4 year old Magnavox tv keeps turning itself off. I ...

Our 4 year old Magnavox tv keeps turning itself off. I unplugged it and then it stays on a little longer but turns itself off again. Any sugestions?? Toss or repair? Something I can try? Thanks!

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: Hi
Model 27 MDTR20/17 When I turn the set on either with remote or manually after about one minute it turns off by itself. Otherwise it has been fine. Hope this helps.
thanks!

The TV is shutting down when the safety circuitry is detecting a problem with the TV. Magnavox is no longer know for manufacturing a dependable TV set. This model is known for having problems with the power supply. Once repaired it can fail at any time. Since this TV set is not a HDTV I would reccomend replacement. The repair is likely to cost more than the value of the TV.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.