ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

A DTC CODE P1706 ON MY 2004 DIAHATSU TORIOS, P1706, DIAHATSU

Customer Question

IM GETTING A DTC CODE P1706 ON MY 2004 DIAHATSU TORIOS
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P1706
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: DIAHATSU TORIOS
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE AREADY REBUILT THE TRANSMISSION
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: TRANSMISSION CHANGES FROM FIRST TO SECOUND VERY WELL BUT FROM SECOUND TO THIRD IS HARSH THEN MY OVER DRIVE LIGHT WILL START TO FLASH
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Did you replace the transmission range switch when you rebuilt the transmission> If not, this would be the place to start, along with checking the wiring harness for any crimps or breaks that could have occurred during the transmission installation

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you