Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

NO 4TH SHIFT AFTER REBUILD, 2005,3.9L. NO LEAK, FREESTAR,

Customer Question

NO 4TH SHIFT AFTER REBUILD
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 2005,3.9L. NO LEAK
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: FREESTAR
JA: Are you fixing your Freestar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES. I'M MECHANIC TRANSMISSION REBUILDER FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'LL CHECKED ALL SOLENOID. THEY MEASURE WELL. THE BAND IS NEW AND GOOD BRAND. IT APPLIED ALL DRUMS WITH AIR AND DOESN'T FEEL LEAK. THE SPRAG IS GOOD.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Does it attempt 4th or does it stay in 3rd?

What was the original failure?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It keep in 3. I think it would be the range sensor, but in this moment i don't have the manner to measure it. If you have a diagram to measure the resistance and you would like to send me,because i'm retired and I don't a scanner.

Here are the things that can be to blame. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e5avsbc7etegxs/3-4.pdf?dl=0

Here is the DTR diagnostics you asked for. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4l84zbnilb2w9l/DTR.pdf?dl=0

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris