Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I had a warning light on the transmission while driving. The

Customer Question

I had a warning light on the transmission while driving. The D indicator light was flashing. I have checked the fluid level and it was at the correct amount. I have experienced a slight shuddering while driving but it is not consistent.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Honda Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 element
JA: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I have made an appointment for diagnosis
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I love this vehicle. I want to keep it going as long as it is financialy feasible.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This light flashing like this here indicates the computer has picked up on a fault with one or more of the transmission components.What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read out what fault codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

With a shudder feel this can be something like a failing torque converter or an issue with the transmission valve body in some cases but you will need this diagnosed and checked into further to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete