sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 audi a6 Quattro avant 3.0. I've been

Customer Question

I have a 2002 audi a6 Quattro avant 3.0. I've been experiencing a jerk when I engage a gear from park. If I try to drive after a jerk the car doesn't advance very well. It drives as if it was really low on transmission fluid(revving high while moving slowly). After a jerk I put it back in park and turn off/on again and if it doesn't jerk the car runs fine. I tried to look for a tranny dipstick but none come on this car. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your trans is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue that will prevent operation it will set fault codes and lock you in a single gear.

There are many possible causes for limp in including speed sensors, solenoids, wiring, internal trans issues or even the trans controller itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM and then testing can be done from there.