Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2009 Borrego shifter getting stuck between nutreal and

Customer Question

2009 Borrego shifter getting stuck between nutreal and reverse have to use manual key release in console to get it back in park
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes and it shifts out of park fine with foot on break
JA: Are you fixing your Borrego yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes just got a new shifter haven't installed it yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Most often this is a damaged shift lock to blame or coke or coffee has gotten into the shifter and binding things up. I see you have a new shifter, do you need help installing it?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris