xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase
6149662

Check engine light on, 4LO light blinking, trac off, The

Customer Question

Check engine light on, 4LO light blinking, trac off
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The only light blinking is the 4LO light
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2012 gx460
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband is out of town. I have fiddled with the buttons on the console area and nothing changes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all. Does this cost anything? To chat?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 5 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Expert:  xsvectOR replied 5 months ago.

do you have access to a scan tool?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No.
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 5 months ago.

The check engine light /traction and or abs lights comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 5 months ago.

hope you can rate my service 5 star..if you get the codes feel free to respond so i can help you sort this out

Expert:  xsvectOR replied 5 months ago.
Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!