ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

My customer car 2004 BMW 545I got the code P1611 and on the

Customer Question

My customer car 2004 BMW 545I got the code P1611 and on the creen say transmission fault
How to fix this problem?
Do he needs new transmission?
thank you
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

HI,

This is for the transmission control module communication link failure. You need to check the wiring harness at the transmission for cuts, fluid intrusion breaks and repair as needed.

If ok, then you will need to replace the mechatronics assembly

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear *****
Thank for your answer,but all I need you please tell me what to do now?
Take the transmission off or just do something more easy than to fix the problem?
Please tell me ang let me try
Thanl agains
Tri
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

HI,

You need to replace the mechatronics assembly - that is the electronic valve body. Directions are attached

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to check voltage at transmission connector ,I found pin 13 and pin 14 just 9v.And pin 13 to 9 just 8v. the voltage should be equal with the voltage at battery.I try to troubleshoot power path but I don;t have thediagram so until to day my car not know exactly what problem.
Do your guy have electric diagram from transmission connector to ECM or fuse?
Thank you
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

let me check