Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

No gears lots of codes, p0722 723 741 751 752 756 776 777

Customer Question

no gears lots of codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p0722 723 741 751 752 756 776 777 796 797 842 182e 2714 2715 2723 u0121 cleared codes snap on solus,no gears fluid up clean abs brake and track light on and engine
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2010 silverado 4x4 6l80
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: dropped pan inspect for debri,reinstalled filter fluid,cleared codes,checked wiring and most fusesunder hood and left side interior
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: truck starts runs no trans movement gears light up i hear transfer case switch when putting into*****
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

You need to pick anyone of of these transmission codes and diagnose it till it is fixed. Odds are you will end of fixing most or all the trans codes with one diag and repair being most are going to be related to electrical signals in this case. Have you attempted this yet?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i pulled the pan checked all wiring connections including main plug all good ,fluid clean full,in 2wd tried all others nothing shifter is hooked up cable moving,reset codes come back asoon as i turn on,again has engine light on abs brake light

What size truck and which engine so I can get you the test to follow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2010 chevrolet silverado 5.3l

Lets start with the first code, do this test and let me know when the result of a test gives the wrong response.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0722.pdf