Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Well it seems to have transmission problem, don't remember,

Customer Question

well it seems to have transmission problem
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: don't remember
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 1999 ody
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i do not knwo any thing about vehcile i am trying to find honest mechanic becasue itg coudl be something internally fixable instead of replacing or rebuilding
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I put in D4 and give gas it goes upto 30 mp/h and than rpm goes very high but car does not go faster. than I shit to D1 or D2 and car go faster after switching to D4
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like the common failure of a burned out clutch/disc in the transmission itself.I have seen this occur before and common on Honda models in some cases.The other issue I have seen is Honda is very specific on the transmission fluid being used.If incorrect type of fluid is used this causes issues like this here or if the fluid is old this can cause issues.I would have the fluid checked to see if it needs flushed out to see if it resolves this here but from here it does sound like the damage is already done in the transmission and the transmission needs removed and rebuilt or replaced.Honda was common for their automatic transmission failures when they were not maintained properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks you Pete for your prompt response, could you please tell me if you know any good transmission mechanic in Houston TX if you have knowledge by yourself or through your network. I will follow the advise you gave here and update you
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome

Unfortunately I am not located in your area but found this as a reputable repair facility near you.

Honda Auto repair Service

(###) ###-####/p>

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete