Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

1998-1999 nissan frontier transmission don't shift 4th gear

Customer Question

1998-1999 nissan frontier transmission don't shift 4th gear check the transmission fluid is good, the speed and tachometers indicator is working, what to do nex
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
you guys take to long to answer
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 14 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no there i no engine light

ok

please explain to me what you mean when you say it wont go into 4th gear..

does it just hold 3rd or does it go into like neutral and the engine revs when it is time to go to 4th?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
transmission shift to 2nd and 3rd gear but engine rev when is time to go to 4th and never get to 4th. no engine light
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 13 days ago.

ok

this is not good at all

if it is going like into nothing when it is time to shift to 4th,,it revs because nothing is there..i would think the band or the overdrive clutches are burnt out.

i dont see an easy fix for this one,

the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,sorry

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.