nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

What if any manual transmission would fit toyota camry v6

Customer Question

Hi what if any manual transmission would fit toyota camry v6 3.0 2002 or any other year
thanks
Vic
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for using Just answer to help solve your car problems. I am Nelson, I have been an automotive technician for over 12 years; and I currently work at a Toyota Dealership. I hope I can assist you in solving your problem.

I am going to take a look at any and all information that I can in all of the Toyota/Lexus information that I have access to. I would just like to confirm which v6 you have in your camry. do you know if it is a 2gr or 3mz?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
3mz i think fwd

Below I was able to find this information in the "New Car Features" section which describes everything in great detail about every model in toyotas line up. It does describe that the 4 cylinder was sold with a maunal transmission, but the v6 Camry was never sold anywhere with a manual transission. And since ther was never a transmission offered to match that v6 I dont think it would be possible to find anything that would work with the V6.

Here is the information I found regarding the powertrain:

Power was increased slightly to 133 hp (99 kW) SAE for the 5S-FE 2.2 L I4 and 192 hp (143 kW) SAE for the 1MZ-FE V6. Manual transmissions (model: S51) were only available on the CE trim level, LE V6, and any Solara model. Camrys and Solaras equipped with the 5S-FE 4 cylinder engine and appropriate trim package received the S51 manual transmission, while those equipped with the 1MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine received the E153 manual transmission

I'm sorry for the bad news, I hope this helps answer your question,

Nelson.

Also if I have been helpful, please leave feedback accordingly. Thank you

Expert:  nelson freitas replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer, please leave feedback to close out this ticket.

or

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance,

Thanks,

Nelson