Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Allson 3000 MH transmission in a 2001 rv, Magnum chassis.

Customer Question

Allson 3000 MH transmission in a 2001 rv, Magnum chassis. Getting a 35 00 code and the transmission will jump out of gear, or sometimes it will show in gear, but then 2nd digit says it's still in neutural.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: main code is 35, sub code is 00
JA: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I own the dealership that has the Rv, and have been perplexed for months on this thing. We've changed the filters (allison) and used the appropriate allison fluids.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: COach was shifting and driving fine when we first got it. We've also put in new batteries to make sure voltage is correct.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Looking at this info here and what I have located on this code set this indicates a fault with the ecu itself needing replaced or a fault with wiring or connections leading to or at the ecu at fault.This will need to be checked into having the wiring and connections inspected for any faults needing repaired and if this is all found to be o.k. then the ecu itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete