Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2001 Tacoma V6 ext cab 2 DR. This morning in the

Customer Question

Good Morning - I have a 2001 Tacoma V6 ext cab 2 DR. This morning in the icy weather my 4wd would not engage HI or LO, with or without clutch & still/moving (HI). No light either.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also, I had a wiring and fuse get hot and melt (post mfg install) from some fog lights that a shop installed for me. also me dash light for my fan speed on the heat/ac no longer lights. Is the mechinacal or electrical. I am not a very good vehicle mechanic either.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. This defiantly sounds like an electrical problem. Did this seem to start acting up after that fog lamp instulation and everything was ok before ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Wrong on electrical being the issue. Shifter was just a little sticky, after a few more attempts all is good. I could not read the initial reply for my question and answer was not right. I would like a refund and will not use this service again. thank you.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 8 days ago.

You did not reply to my question s so I could get a picture of your problem , I am not there to see your vehicle and we rely on customer information to help them so don't blame the sight id you don't communicate with us. Especially when you originally stated you had wiring and a fuse get hot and melt? As you can see I did not ask to be rated so I was being as fair as I could be . As for any refund you can go to customer service on the sight and request it there.