Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

09 Grand Caravan SE ---"Autoshift" just shifts down from

Customer Question

09 Grand Caravan SE ---"Autoshift" just shifts down from auto to manual any time at all
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: got it used, No leaks
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had it on a scanner--P0957 code circuit low
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to know whitch part to purchase
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Code P0957 indicates the autostick circuit is low.This is an electrical fault code.The fault in most all cases is the Autostick switch assembly itself needing replaced.If you would like the entire diagnostic procedure on this code let me know and I can post it here but it will take a scan tool with fully compatible diagnostic abilities and a multi meter to test this here.I suspect the switch/lever will need replaced for this fault here.I would have the wiring checked leading from the switch/lever to make sure it is not shorted or damaged as this can cause this as well needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete