Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2010 f150 xlt 5.4, I was moving two weeks ago, went

Customer Question

I have a 2010 f150 xlt 5.4, I was moving two weeks ago, went to back the trailer into my new driveway when my truck wouldn't go into reverse. It went to neutral and that was it, I couldn't get it Out of neutral
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked through the owner's manual and found the brake interlock bypass and was able to get it into drive... I have treated and replaced brake switch, checked all fuses. With the cover off of the steering column I can see the physical location of the gear selector is in park. But it says neutral and the trick rolls..
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes I have
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's about it
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

So far this looks to be the shift linkage damaged, or loose or out of adjustment. Here are those steps to check and adjust, can you do that first and let me know the outcome. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/linkage%20adjust.pdf

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris