Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD clutch Master & cylinder

Customer Question

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD clutch Master & Slave cylinder replacement
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Im just wondering if i can gets some diagrams on how to replace the Clutch Master & Slave Cylinders??
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what transmission this model vehicle has in it?Is it the NV3500/NV4500 or ZF S6-650 Transmission?

Let me know so I can see if I can locate this info for you,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Im not sure, how can i check?
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

There should be a metal tag on the side or bottom of the transmission that may be round in shape that may have it stamped on it.Usually you can also contact a GM dealers parts department with your vehicles VIN number and they can tell you this way as well.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Alright i will call tomorrow and get back on here
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

Sounds good

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The Transmission is the NV4500
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Did you still need help with this here?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
the transmission is a NV4500
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

O.k.,after looking through my info on this here unfortunately my info isnt covering the NV4500 model completely.Someone else here should have this info to help though.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete