Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Second opinion] - well i change my transmission and now

Customer Question

Second opinion] - well i change my transmission and now after 3 moth it have a new prblem wich is that it take to much to take the gear and whe i change it from N to D the transmission like jump and also from P to R or N to R
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: after we change the transmission never
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: it a vw cabrio 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well so far nothing i just was looking for some info about what i could be first before i do anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not only that
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent checked the fluid yet this should be done.If the fluid is low or even over filled this can cause a fault like this here in allot of cases and the fluid level would need to be corrected.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete