Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Well i change my transmission and now after 3 moth it have a

Customer Question

well i change my transmission and now after 3 moth it have a new prblem wich is that it take to much to take the gear and whe i change it from N to D the transmission like jump and also from P to R or N to R
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: after we change the transmission never
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: it a vw cabrio 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well so far nothing i just was looking for some info about what i could be first before i do anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not only that
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more info

• when in drive does it accelerate normal or does it take a long time to get to speed?
  • if you really pay attention to the dash gear indicator is all gears selected or the single gear?
  • the transmission that replaced the old one ... used, reman , vw dealer bought?

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yea when is in drive it does take a little time to get speed and yes it all the gear and it use but the person i send the car to he wanted to put a ve bettle transmission but i said no so i dont really know if is the bettle transmission or the rigth one
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

ok the first thing is to have a scan test the transmission module . there is a fault stored. VAG COM is the scan tool of choice or the factory scan tool. most code readers will not read the codes.!!!

once that is some and report what codes so we can narrow down the issue!!!