mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

2002 Tahoe transfer case stuck in 4 low. I have already

Customer Question

2002 Tahoe transfer case stuck in 4 low. I have already changed out transfer case motor.manually shifted ti 2 high
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.

when you manually shifted the transfer case did it stay if 4lo or did that work for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That worked I put it back in 2 hi and it was just fine. I then decided to check it out stopped put in neutral it shifted to 4low and won't come back out

i would try removing the switch on the dash and seeing if it will stay in 2hi. these are known for the switches to cause issues.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It stayed in 2 high for a good drive with no issue.. that's when I decided to check it out and that's when it hung up,.Just disconnect switch and try it for awhile? Will do . I can here a clicking sound when I try the switch it sounds like it's under the dash.

when you hit the switch there is a clicking in the dash? or with it un plugged?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not working on it tonight. That's with it hooked in .

ok. yes tomorrow let me know what happens

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's something in transfer case as long as you don't go into 4 low it works fine.

so with the switch unplugged it stayed in 2hi?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it stayed in 2 hi with switch plugged in the problem is in the transfer case. It shifts between 2 hi and 4 high just fine..

oh ok i was just clarifying. yeah you may have a fork worn out. inside the t-case. luckily those parts are prettyreadily available and easy to have built. if you have no further question i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.