Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

It wont shift out of first and has these code P0753 758 763

Customer Question

It wont shift out of first and has these code P0753 758 763 and 743
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 2000 C280 no leaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 C280
JA: Are you fixing your C280 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tcm
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  david craig replied 28 days ago.

Hi Im David. allow me some time to pull up some information on your vehicle. thank you.

P0753 MERCEDES-BENZ - Shift Solenoid 'A' Electrical Possible causes - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid - Faulty shift solenoid 'A' valve - Shift solenoid 'A' valve harness or connectors - Shift solenoid 'A' valve circuit is open or shorted

P0758 MERCEDES-BENZ - Shift Solenoid 'B' Electrical Possible causes - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid - Faulty shift solenoid 'B' valve - Shift solenoid 'B' valve harness or connectors - Shift solenoid 'B' valve circuit is open or shorted

P0763 MERCEDES-BENZ - Shift Solenoid 'C' Electrical Possible causes - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid - Faulty shift solenoid 'C' valve - Shift solenoid 'C' valve harness or connectors - Shift solenoid 'C' valve circuit is open or shorted

P0743 MERCEDES-BENZ - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical Possible causes - Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve - Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted - Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid

why would you replace the transmission control module for these faults? if anything needs to be done first it is a comprehensive visual check of the wiring to the transmission.. a fluid drain and pan drop to see if any metal pieces are in the bottom of the pan. if no metal pieces are found and the fluid id still red and there is no evidence of woiring damage, then you have had a catastrophic failure of the valve body/solenoid pack and possibly the transmission.

Expert:  david craig replied 27 days ago.

hello???

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 26 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem,,you need to first check the wire harness and the wiring to the transmission for damage..if the wiring is good,i would think you will need to replace the shift solenoid body at the valve body

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Shift Solenoid

8 - Solenoid

(###) ###-####$304.00

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there.please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yy19wykk77683q/1112-c280-Electrical.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/6yy19wykk77683q/1112-c280-Electrical.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help