Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years of practical experience in the automotive industry
2947720

I don't know which original mb engine oil and transmission

Customer Question

Hi I don't know which original mb engine oil and transmission fluid to use exactly for my 2008 e350 4matic
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: I think befor 15000 but my wife was using it and was not using the original MB now I want to change both engine and transmission and start using just genuine
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: E350 4matic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am always but since I went outside the country for work I didn't
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is flushing the engine oil is dangerous?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about flushing the engine oil by those liquids for flushing like liqui moly
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Mercedes Benz doesn't recommend any type of flushing or additives normally but I have used Slick 50 on quite a few with good results.

I have the fluid specs in a PDF format, at the following links. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dxyh0af60rwxs1/Engine%20oil.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xes2eab9v7oa53t/Automatic%20Transmission%20Fluids.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Did you get that?