Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 70 911 E sportomatic - can I change to a 5 speed

Customer Question

I have a 70 911 E sportomatic - can I change to a 5 speed trans and how expensive would it be
JA: Are you fixing your 911 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no just wondering the ball park cost of doing it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

I dont see a procedure for this myself or recall anyone doing this myself so it is difficult to say for sure if this can be done here.you might speak to an auto accessory/modify repair facility or classic car repair facility to see if this is a possibility here.If this is or was attempted or is not an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank for nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but others here may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete