Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Hdc transmission fault and suspension lowers, started

Customer Question

hdc transmission fault and suspension lowers, started happening today
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: no
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2006 landrover lr3
JA: Are you fixing your LR3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it happened an hour ago. I wont fix myself but wondering if I have a few days to fix at
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once the fault codes are read out they can then be diagnosed to repair this issue.

As long as the vehicle is not to low sitting or rubbing on the tires and the engine and transmission are operating o.k. you should be o.k. to drive it for now until you can have it repaired but I would have it repaired as soon as you can.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The suspension is on low setting it automatically lowers the suspension. I'm able to drive at 40miles per hour and hear no issues with rubbing of tires or any noise ..
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

You should be o.k then to drive it for now but it should be checked into/tested as soon as you can to prevent any further damage to suspension components.The fault codes do need read out first to help locate the issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete