Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Wont shift correctly, No leaks. 06 with 120,000, 2.5 Jetta,

Customer Question

wont shift correctly
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaks. 06 with 120,000
JA: What is the model of your '06 VW?
Customer: 2.5 Jetta
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Clutches look great and I have already replaced input and output speed sensors and the valve body.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, can a faulty TR ( transmission range switch) cause this problem & kick out PO 732 & 733 gear ratio errors
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Yes if you have a faulty transmission position/range sensor this can cause issues with the transmission shifting and in some cases cause these codes to set here.If you suspect this is at fault this should be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete