Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Going uphill @ about 2200 rpm, it feels like engine

Customer Question

going uphill @ about 2200 rpm, it feels like engine sputters. @ 3000 rpm, it is ok. I though it may be transmission, so I took it to a shop & they checked codes-non. Fluid was a quart low, but made no difference on the trip home. Also, maybe related, at flat highway driving, 1900-2300 RPM the van has a subtle, rythmic surge cycle. I didn't see any spike on the guage. 2012 mercedes sprinter 153K. Just had type b service and turbo seals/bearings. Any thoughts? Tracy
JA: Have you made sure the transmission is getting power?
Customer: I think so. Transmission shop said no codes were stored
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2012 Sprinter
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dealer changed fuel filter and sealed turbo. Transmission shop checked out transmission
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that this is a fault with the torque converter itself possibly in the transmission.I have seen this act up before in the past needing replace to where it will lock or partially engage and cause this issue here.If this was not checked into this needs done to see if this is the cause here.If this was already checked into let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete