Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Transmission Codes - type 09G, 01045 passive sporadic

Customer Question

Transmission Codes - type 09G
JA: Have you made sure the transmission is getting power?
Customer: 01045 passive sporadic tiptronic switch F189 Implausible signal 17114 Passive Sporadic gear incorrect ratio - mechanical problems
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: is this due to a valve body problem or it is bad clutches? I am sorry my name is ***** ***** VW Beetle 2.0 conv 05
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rebuilt valve body and fresh oil and filter. same problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: hard shifts and some slipping, 3rd gear
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible this issue here is due to a fault with the control board/unit in the shifter assembly itself.This can be common to fail and set off one or more of these codes as well as cause other codes to set in some cases as well as shifting issues.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate and correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete