Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

It's jerking when I accelerate or go up hills,

Customer Question

Hi it's jerking when I accelerate or go up hills
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Cls500/Benz/2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's currently at the Benz dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: They told me there aren't any codes showing up and they don't know what's causing it to jerk. They suggested for me to get a new $4500 transmission to SEE if that corrects the problem. I can't afford that....
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: They checked my fluid and did a transmission flush and it's still jerking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be an issue with a transmission valve body or torque converter as this is common.I dont think this is an engine misfire or engine related as usually one or more codes would set if this was the case here.I would see if they have tested the torque converter and valve body for any issues with these needing replaced.I dont suggest replacing the entire transmission.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete