Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

It feels like it's stuck in low gear. I was told

Customer Question

It feels like it's stuck in low gear. I was told transmission control module, transmission actuator. Not sure what to do. 2006 keep grand Cherokee
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Earlier in the week I took it to the car lot where I bought it and they checked the transmission fluid and said it was full and clean
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not sure what to do yet. It started when the weather changed it Would rather real high and it felt like it was stuck in Low gear. When I would stop at a light I would have to put it in park and then back in gear and it would go but it would be like real slow taken off and rev real high 20 miles an hour at 3000
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mechanic said that when he read the code when the check engine light came on it said it was electronic and it was a transmission modulator and when I took it to the dealer today he said it was a transmission modulator so I'm confused
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Dan replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 7 days ago.

Do you have the code numbers?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 days ago.

Sounds like your trans is in limp home mode. I need codes, but a common problem is the output and input speed sensors depending on which trans you have.

I need codes to be able to help you more with this. Take it to any auto parts store and get a free scan. Write down the codes then let me know what you have.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 7 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 days ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.