Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My 2007 Ford Freestyle, (CVT transmission) recently started

Customer Question

HI, My 2007 Ford Freestyle, (CVT transmission) recently started acting funny where as it would chug and drive rough and the wrench light would come on. I took to the dealership and they cleaned the throttle body, before I got home it did it again, took it back they replaced the throttle body, now 4 days later it is doing it again. I have 232 thousand kms on it. What else could be the problem?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the wrench light comes on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont know
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not know the codes....
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If you can , see if the dealer will give them to you and if not you can stop by most Auto Parts store such as Auto Zone and they will run a scan for you at not charge and get the code and or codes. Post back with them and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you cant give me an idea of what else could be wrong without the codes?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

There are many thing that can cause the wrench light to come on and if they have replaced throttle body then it possible you may have a wiring concern to it . I really need to know what the fault code and or codes are to be more precise for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Post back when you can and we can work from there.