sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

I have a 2004 jeep liberty. When i press down hard on the

i have a 2004 jeep liberty. When i press down hard on the pedal there is a 1-2 minute pause. What could this be? Cost to fix.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have these codesECM
P0839 yield switch high
P0700 transmission controller faultTCM
P0706 check shifter signal
P0218 high temp operation activated.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Check engine light is on. Does this sound like a transmission rebuild or sensor problem? How can you tell?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Transmission fluid flush maybe?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming that the transmission is slipping when you attempt to accelerate, or it's delaying when you put it into gear. There are several things that can cause slipping or a delay but with the P1776 set you may have a sticking solenoid switch valve in the valve body.

Has the fluid level and condition been checked?

Can you describe the exact symptoms?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Transmission fluid is brown. Jeep does not seem to have problems shifting into reverse. Is a automatic. I noticed slipping when you accelerate.

Does it happen when the trans is hot but it's fine cold?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do you mean?

Does it slip all the time, only when the trans is hot, or only when the trans is cold?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

If it only happens when hot then you can try replacing the filter and see if that changes anything. It may be restricting with debris from clutch failure, geartrain failure or lack of periodic maintenance. If that doesn't change anything then the trans will either need to be replaced or rebuilt.