Jared D
Jared D, ASE Master Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My wife backed her Lexus GX out a the driveway fairly fast

Customer Question

My wife backed her Lexus GX out a the driveway fairly fast and when she put the vehicle into drive it is now stuck in*****low with dashboard warning lights flashing, etc. The car can only go 20mph......She was told to have it towed to the Lexus dealership 50 miles away. Any ideas??
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No
JA: What year is your GX?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your GX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything. I am still at work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way to take a fuse out (I saw that in an online post) so that the vehicle is driveable for the weekend.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will be leaving soon and need to hear something soon as to whether or not I will be able to use this car for the weekend.
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Did you still need help with this?

It's nothing I've heard of or seen before. The 4wd system on these vehicles is usually pretty robust. You might try resetting the system. This would involve removing the battery cables from the battery and then holding them together for about 1 minute. This clears the memory from the computer systems. Then hook the battery back up like normal. If it's just a stuck module then this should get it to free up. Otherwise something may have broken inside the transfer case.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info. Also, please don't forget to rate my service. Just Answer doesn't compensate us for our time if we don't get a positive rating.