david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive

If my 2004 350Z ( just bought a month ago) turned out to

Customer Question

If my 2004 350Z ( just bought a month ago) turned out to have multiple problems including rusted transmission
lines which I was told drained the transmission fluid, resulting in my being unable to get the car in gear, has this compromised the transmission?
The cost estimate was $1,000 to fix but am worried it's just the start of more issues. Your thoughts?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should I trade it in? I know this is difficult to answer without seeing it. I can't really afford the time or money to bring in an independent mechanic to check it over. It was towed to the dealer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 8 days ago.

Hi Im David. have them pull fault codes from the transmission and pcm. let me know what they are. ill give you my opinion

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not sure what pcm is -difficult as they are now a five hour drive.
Can you answer my question in general ?
Thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry can't afford more than original $20 at this point.

what are the other multiple problems?

Expert:  david craig replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry - internet service is unreliable in this remote area -hit or miss
Other problems: convertible top not working after a few weeks and drivers seat door was locked. Was told the top needed a strap and a new door mechanism -$800.

is there a check engine light on?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It was before it died

ok. you need to have the computer scanned for fault codes to see what is causing the light...i have to get out of this shop. ill be back on in about an hour we will continue

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I personally think it's a lemon despite low miles - and I paid too much and now will need to put in another 1,200

very sorry to see any of my customers in this situation. what i tell the customers at my shop is that when they are thinking of purchasing a used vehicle to bring it to me first before buying it. so i can tell them if its worth the asking price

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you. have a great weekend and good luck to you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not feel like he answered my question at all and would like a refund.
He provided replies but no answers.
Clearly I knew about a mechanic checking things out in advance, but my situation did not allow that at the time. I was asking if the transmission would be comprised by the oil leaking out and if he thought I had a lemon. Please honor your representation of a money back guarantee. My questions were not answered.
Expert:  david craig replied 6 days ago.

if the transmission is leaking and it has a check engine light. you purchased a lemon.

you asked my opinion. i gave it to you. good day

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Except you never answered if the transmission was comprised by the oil leaking out -anyway it doesn't matter.
I still should get a refund for pulling teeth except for a quick direct response -