sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata we just bought for my daughter.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata we just bought for my daughter. Its been parked for about a month and it has gone into limp mode. It turns on runs quiet and wont accelerate. it goes into gear and will slowly roll but when you push on the gas nothing. The ESC Off light is on but nothing else as far as the dummy lights. I replaced the brake light sensor but that didn't work either...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello I will help,

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and reconnecting to see if the trans shifts normally then?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have disconnected the battery, had the battery charged, it goes into gear but does not rev up. You can press the gas all the way to the floor and get no rpms
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

OK, sounds like you have an issues with the throttle control and will need a scantool to diagnose so I will OPT OUT with the advice you find a shop with factory level tooling or use a dealer for the diagnosis. There is nothing I can do from here

Sorry I could not help

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It does sound as if it is in electronic throttle control limp in. The problem could be many things including the throttle body itself, the accelerator pedal position sensor, wiring, an intake restriction or vacuum leak.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?