Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

It doesn't go to Overdrive. The button is on the dash of a

Customer Question

It doesn't go to Overdrive. The button is on the dash of a 91 E350. It is lighted, indicating Overdrive Off
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: Button seems stuck and inoperable. Light on steady. No trouble code known, any way to check?
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been reading forums, will be trying to fix if not too difficult. Looks like a lot of these are in the shifter, but i wondered if that was only on the '92 and later models...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  kalamykid replied 5 months ago.

What size engine do you have in your van? Is the od button on the dash or on the shift lever?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thanks for any help you can give me. As i said, the OD button is on the dash left and down from the steering column. It's a diesel. I don't know how to check the engine size, but if you instruct me where to look I will search. But not till morning. It's late here. Also, I am concerned that the forum messaged me, stating that I have now been billed an additional $43. This surprised me - I thought I was being charged only $5. How much is this going to cost? Are there going to be additional charges? Before you send me further information or questions about my automotive question, I'd like to know what payments I'm going to be making. Thanks.

I will have to turn this over to customer support as I do not have access to any of your billing info. Once you have talked to them, If you still want my help I will be happy to help you with this problem.