Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

2003 BMW X5 4.4 transmission code 32 trans would not shift

Customer Question

2003 BMW X5 4.4 transmission code 32 trans would not shift then it would show on the cluster trans fail safe program afterward it shift then it downshift like a manual when u move again feel heavy like it's on second gear
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info shows this code as the right front wheel speed sensor fault.If the wheel speed sensor is sending an incorrect signal then it will cause transmission shifting issues like this here.If you have not had the wheel speed sensor circuits checked this needs done.In most cases though the speed sensor usually needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Abs sensor or speed sensor inside transmission
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

I apologize for the delay.

This would be an ABS speed sensor/wheel speed sensor.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have no abs code
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I show on this code number here myself.Others here may have more info on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete