Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

I am a master MB tech with a few years bmw experience and

Customer Question

Hey Roger, I am a master MB tech with a few years bmw experience and have my own little shop. I have an 07 525 base (CY05309) with possibly 2 transmission problems. It is in limp mode and it also will not come out of park. Trans has 2 codes (51A7 - no message (eng spd) receiver EGS) and (4e21 pressure control solenoid B). 51a7 was not current and erased. 4e21(P0966) will not erase. I was thinking this would not cause the shifter to not move out of park (brake light switch is ok). What are your thoughts about this?
Thanks, ***** *****(###) ###-####
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 3 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any damaged or broken wiring at the transmission this should be done.I have seen issues with damaged wiring that will cause this fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete