Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

My 2005 ford 4x4 dont engache in four in four wheel drive

Customer Question

My 2005 ford 4x4 dont engache in four in four wheel drive what could be the promble
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Good condition only thing it was park for four years do that i was away for work
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: Ranger XLT
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I notice it today i will like to fine out what the problem is if its somthing thar i could fix myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I Still waiting for a respond on my question
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When the vehicle is started, do the 4x4 lights come on for 5 seconds? If not the module could be to blame.

It will not engage 4 high or 4 low?

Do you have a scan tool? Do you have a test light?

Do you understand wire diagrams, and pinpoint tests?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Moos
I dont have a scan but i have a tester and i understand wire diagram sometime when i start the 4w light blink fo a second
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yesterday i send my payment information of $5.00 to secure a mechanic and today you ask another $5.00 let me know whats happening
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

You may need to use the contact us link at the bottom of the page. You have the same question open 3 times and you signed up for a subscription. Do I have no clue what you have been charged nor would I even be allowed to discuss that. Do you want to resolve that concern first?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris