Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2004 cadilac srx transmission temp getting hot trying to

Customer Question

2004 cadilac srx transmission temp getting hot trying to figure out how to get rid of ther transmission cooler bypass valve . ordered updated lines from dealer but doesn't look like the new ones will seal at transmission
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: coolant ok & temp normal
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no we are AAmco in Frederick MD
JA: The mechanic is ready to answer your SRX question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not sure how the updated lines are supposed to seal at trans when you remove the bypass
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

It sounds like you may have gotten the wrong part number. In the file below can you confirm you have the correct parts?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/transcooler.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris